River (Lake) deep, mountain high
- You can walk Scafell Pike from your tent.
- Shop has nice cold beers for when you're done.
- Open year round.
- Set between the countries deepest lake and highest mountain- something for everyone.
- Nice big site, plenty of camping spots.
- Toilets and showers aren't the best.
- Isolated (could be a pro or a con) depending on your point of view but it took us a bloody long time to get there.
- LOADS of bugs in summer, but you are near the water.
If you want to walk Skafell Pike or any of the surrounding peak, this is the campsite for you. There's the Wasdale Head Inn a little wander down the round for refreshments and the staff give good advice on the nearby walks.