Sheep and sleep
- Feels like a really natural site, not overly manicured.
- Lovely little hut with a shared kitchen/space you can keep dry in if it rains.
- Nice little shop.
- They always keep 2/3 of your bookings for people who just rock up.
- Reasonably priced.
- There's a good deal on breakfasts for campers from the Sykes Tearoom.
- Feels like a really natural site, very rocky so spots aren't always flat. Could be seen as a pro or con.
- Only one shower I could find- and you had to pay for it!
- Shop is barely ever open.
- Rarely seems to be anyone there to pay. You can pay at the tea shop down the road but it was a little inconvenient when we had long days planned.
A beautiful campsite in a beautiful spot. We struggled to pay promptly due to our timings and this annoyed a member of staff, we wanted to and did pay, we would always be responsible but this site need to think about the fact that some campers will be gone from early in the morning to late in the evening, particularly in summer months. The kitchen hut is a lovely touch and I would recommend the site.