A little luxury
- A wide range of different camping options, from popping up your tent to bringing all your mates to the camping barn or cosying down in a heated camping pod.
- An excellent shop that sells LINDA MACCARTNEY SAUSAGES and a wide range of camping paraphernalia.
- Two excellent pubs with veggie and vegan food within spitting distance.
- In the beautiful valley of Eskdale- situated near some excellent mountains including Scafell Pike, Harter Fell and Green Crag.
- A very helpful proprietor.
- Top notch drying room.
- Breakfast of toast and tea available at the shop (good for when the camping stove packs in).
- Camping pods are a little close together, you loose some of the beauty and tranquility of the setting.
- Shop time are a little late if you do want to grab some breakfast before heading for the hills.
Martyn at Eskdale campsite runs a bloody good show. We treated ourselves to the luxury of a camping pod as it was my birthday and we really appreciated the heating as the outdoor temperature took a nose dive. It's pretty well located in terms of hills and pubs and all those important things. It's laking the wilderness vibe of some of the other sites we enjoy but horses for courses and if you have kids I imagine this site would be blooming near perfect. Even if you don't sometimes a touch more luxury is just what you need. I would highly recommend paying Martyn a visit.