Down on the farm
- You can just turn up- excellent for people who are rubbish at planning.
- Very reasonably priced.
- Loadsa space, I can't imagine it ever feeling too crowded.
- It's a working farm and the farmer and his family are around so you feel you get to experience what Lakes life is like.
- Good spot for food and drink- Chesters is in walking distance!!
- You got to pay £3 a night for any vehicle.
- Very bare bones in terms of washing facilities and toilet.
- No real access to information.
- No shop.
This is an old school camp site. No frills here but a good cheap place to stay, particularly if you have been a bit rubbish at planning. You can't rely on the camp site to pick up walking guides, camping equipment, food etc. So make sure you bring everything you need.